- [email protected] or +82 10-3215-2380
- Web Sites
- subl.ee, github.com/sublee, linkedin.com/in/sublee
- Back-end engineering for ML projects
- Developing and documenting API for engineers or researchers
- Free and open-source software
- Programming Languages
- AI Research
- PyTorch, Triton Inference Server, NVIDIA Nsight Systems, pipeline parallelism
- Back-end Development
- Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, ZeroMQ, Redis, Couchbase, MySQL, etcd
- Software Engineer
- Naver, 2020–
- A technology company.
- Redesign the research platform to boost productivity in Clova.
- Software Engineer
- Kakao Brain, 2018–2020
- The AI research lab in Kakao.
Focused on parallel training of convolutional neural networks, including large-scale data parallelism and pipeline parallelism.
Developed and published torchgpipe, which is a GPipe implementation in PyTorch.
Developed a serverless training framework and a distributed hyperparameter search platform for AutoML.
- Game Server Engineer & Architect
- Nexon, 2011–2018
- Developed and launched Durango, KartRider Dash & Coin Rush.
Designed and developed cloud-based distributed game servers for Durango (MMORPG) and KartRider Dash & Coin Rush (online racing games) respectively. Durango achieved up to 70k concurrent users per game world.
Developed an internationalization and localization system focused on linguistic features of Korean and Indo-European languages.
Researched rating systems such as Elo, Glicko, and TrueSkill to develop a matchmaker.
Managed a server engineering team including 15 engineers.
- Web Developer
- Npine, 2008–2011
- Supplies stock images for business on Iclickart.
- Developed web services from scratch, and maintained on-premise Linux servers.
- Front-end Web Developer
- Lunant, 2008–2011
- Served social media named VLAAH.
- Designed and implemented the UI/UX for social media.
Open Source Experience
- torchgpipe, 2019–2020
- A GPipe implementation in PyTorch.
Implemented GPipe in PyTorch with optimization for CUDA, PyTorch’s autograd engine, and long skip connections. GPipe is a scalable pipeline parallelism library for the training of a giant model.
This project has become a part of PyTorch. The story behind it can be found on Kakao Brain Blogko and the technical report.
- Hangulize, 2010–
- Automatically transcribes a non-Korean word into Hangul.
Implemented an automatic Hangul transcription algorithm to realize Brian Jongseong Park’s idea.
Designed and implemented the web service and RESTful API. Many professional Korean translators habitually visit here to translate undocumented proper nouns. For example, Ryu Gwang, who is a technical translator, introduced Hangulize in his postingko. Netflix also refers to it in the Korean timed text style guide.
- TrueSkill, 2012–
- A TrueSkill™ implementation in Python.
- Implemented TrueSkill™, which is a rating algorithm for Xbox Live, in Python with a handy interface. This project was introduced in PyData Berlin 2019.
- Profiling, 2014–2018
- An interactive profiler for Python inspired by the Unity3D profiler.
- Developed a Python profiler with an interactive TUI inspired by the Unity profiler. On GitHub, this project has been starred by 3k people. Also, it was the 3rd daily trending repository on Sep 22, 2014.
- For PyTorch, fixed potential GPU memory violation (#27371); deprecated inconsistent API (#21006, #25985); discussed a counterintuitive behavior of the autograd engine (#18568).
- For ZeroMQ, discussed a PUB socket crash (#2942).
- For Flask, fixed a bug to generate URL with a subdomain (#108).
- For jQuery 1.4.3, restored a missing part of the content negotiation header for Ajax.
- C. Kim*, H. Lee*, M. Jeong, W. Baek, B. Yoon, I. Kim, S. Lim, S. Kim. “torchgpipe: On-the-fly Pipeline Parallelism for Training Giant Models”. arXiv preprint arXiv:2004.09910. (2020)
- Remake of Hangulizeko at Golang Korea 2018 and Naver D2
- Server architecture of Durango Vol. 3ko at NDC 2018
- Python Survival Guideko at Nexon Talk 2016
- Server architecture of Durango Vol. 2ko at NDC 2016
- Profilingko at PyCon KR 2015
- Server architecture of Durangoko at NDC 2014
- Korean – native
- English – conversational
Computer Software, Kwangwoon University, 2008 – Completed the first year only.