- [email protected] or +82 10-3215-2380
- Web Sites
- subl.ee, github.com/sublee, linkedin.com/in/sublee
- Parallel and distributed deep learning
- Developing and documenting API for engineers
- Free and open source software
- Programming Languages
- AI Research
- PyTorch, NVIDIA Nsight Systems, Data/model/pipeline Parallelism
- Back-end Development
- Linux, AWS, Terraform, Docker, ZeroMQ, Redis, etcd, MySQL
- Test Engineering
- Testify, mypy, pytest, GitLab CI, Travis CI
- Software Engineer
- Kakao Brain, 2018–
- A deep learning artificial intelligence laboratory in Kakao.
Focused on parallel and distributed deep learning to boost training performance.
Reproduced GPipe in PyTorch, and developed torchgpipe as an open source library.
- Game Server Architect
- What! Studio in Nexon, 2013–2018
- Developing Durango, a seamless open world MMORPG.
Designed and implemented the architecture of a distributed MMORPG server. The server achieved up to 70k concurrent users per MMO world.
Built an internationalization and localization system focused on linguistics features of Korean and Indo-European languages.
Led the server development team including up to 15 engineers.
- Game Development Engineer
- Team Lupin in Nexon, 2011–2013
- Developed and launched multiplayer racing games: KartRider Dash & Coin Rush
Designed and implemented a distributed game server architecture for synchronous multiplayer racing games.
Researched rating systems such as Elo, Glicko, and TrueSkill to develop a matchmaker for 4v4 or free-for-all games.
- Full Stack Web Developer
- Npine, 2008–2011
- Supplies stock images for business on Iclickart.
Developed web services from the base framework to the application.
Maintained physical Linux machines in a data center.
Led the development team including three web developers.
- Front-end Web Developer
- Lunant, 2008–2011
- Served VLAAH, social media for discovering, sharing, and utilizing opinions.
Designed and implemented the UI/UX for VLAAH.
Open Source Experience
- torchgpipe, 2019–
- A GPipe implementation in PyTorch.
Implemented GPipe, which is a scalable pipeline parallelism library for training of a giant model, for PyTorch with a handy interface.
Reproduced a ResNet-101 performance benchmark in the original GPipe paper.
- Hangulize, 2010–
- Automatically transcribes a non-Korean word into Hangul.
Implemented an automatic Hangul transcription algorithm to realize Brian Jongseong Park’s idea. By origin, it was written in Python, but rewritten in Go for better features, performance, and productivity.
Designed and implemented the web service and RESTful API. Many professional Korean translators usually visit here to translate undocumented proper nouns. For example, Ryu Gwang, who is a famous technical translator, introduced this web service in his posting (Korean). Netflix also refers to it in the Korean timed text style guide.
- TrueSkill, 2012–
- A TrueSkill™ implementation in Python.
- Implemented TrueSkill™, which is a rating algorithm for Xbox Live, in Python with a handy interface to learn and popularize the algorithm.
- Profiling, 2014–2018
- An interactive profiler for Python inspired by the Unity3D profiler.
Developed a tracing based and statistical profiler for Python with a handy interactive TUI inspired by the Unity profiler.
On GitHub, this project has been starred by 2.9k people. Also, it was the 3rd daily trending repository on Sep 22, 2014.
- Tossi – A utility for Korean allomorphic particles.
- SUBLEERUNKER – A simple parody game of SUBERUNKER. Play it in your web browser.
- Flask-AutoIndex – mod_autoindex for Flask
- Me2virus – An XSS attack on Me2day, social media. When a user looks at an infected post, a new infected post was written on the user’s wall.
- For PyTorch, deprecated inconsistent API (#21006), discussed a counterintuitive behavior of the autograd engine (#18568); for ZeroMQ, discussed a PUB socket crash (#2942); for Flask, fixed a bug to generate URL with a subdomain (#108); for jQuery 1.4.3, restored a missing part of the content negotiation header for Ajax.
- Remake of Hangulize at Golang Korea Meetup Aug 2018 (Korean)
- The server architecture of Durango Vol. 3 at NDC 2018 (Korean)
- Python Survival Guide at Nexon Talk 2016 (Korean)
- The server architecture of Durango Vol. 2 at NDC 2016, awarded the grand prize (Korean)
- Profiling at PyCon KR 2015 (Korean)
- The server architecture of Durango at NDC 2014 (Korean)
- Korean – native
- English – conversational
Computer Software, Kwangwoon University, 2008 – Completed the first year only.